C. a Dra. Paulina Abrica González
Widely known as the old building of the Higher School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Escuela Superior de Ingeniería Mecánca y Eléctrica) (ESIME), the Center for Continuing Education Eng. Eugenio Méndez Docurro (“Centro de Educación Continua Ing. Eugenio Méndez Docurro”), was built between 1588 and 1598, originally the Convent of San Lorenzo Mártir. By 1969, thanks to the Reform Laws promoted by Lic. Benito Juárez, the building was reassigned to give place to the National School of Arts and Crafts (ENAO). Later, in 1915 it became the Practical School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (EPIME) and in 1921 it became the School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (EIME). Shortly before the establishment of the National Polytechnic Institute, it changed its name to the “Escuela Superior de Ingeniería Mecánca y Eléctrica” (Higher School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering) (ESIME), the name by which the school is known to date. Time after the relocation of the ESIME, in 1996, the building is assigned as the Continuing Education Center Ing. Eugenio Méndez Docurro, having the Mission to promote and facilitate services for the formation of professional competencies throughout life, with quality and relevance at the national level, through extension and integration mechanisms between polytechnic units and the various sectors of society.